Thursday, December 31, 2009

Outlook for 2010

For the start of 2010....meaning come 4th Jan Monday, the stock would start higher then it will start to drift from there on becoz for the last couple of weeks before the end of the decade the market actually made up quite a bit of ground. So it wouldn't be a surprise for the market to pullback and rest if not then when the pullback happens it would be deeper and full painful for everyone. That is for SGX.

As for HK market....it would be a different tack with the market shooting higher at the start and it shall head higher for at least a few day longer before profit taking take holds. Then...it will drift lower till maybe end of the Jan before it starts the second round of moving higher esp towards the Chinese New Year period. Why this? That's becoz the HK market has gone thru a small correction prior to the X'mas and New Year period when most of the "ang mo" traders closed the books for the year and go for their year-end holidays. And since some of the counters in HK market...has fallen to attractive level...they would be buying opportunities for them. I shall be paying greater attention to this market and at the same time....clearing some of my SGX counters to do a house spring-cleaning and to raise fund for a better fight later.

For the moment....I shall keep my fund at present gearing, meaning that I shall not add any new fund to my trading thus I shall be controlled in a sense until I can show a profit for my present trading fund at MF Global. At moment....I have closed my book for the month with a 25% nett loss. Yes! I have traded actually for a full month.

For a review of what has happened that caused the 25% loss....was that I tried to do day trading with those pullback stocks with my view that this will be rebounding soon. yes....some do, but some don't. With faster drop that caused me bigger losses.
Thus....my trades can be summed up as winning small amount while losing bigger amount becoz of stocks "stopped out". During this 1 month period....I kena "9 to 10" stopped out situation which caused most of the damaged to the funding, while I make more winning trades but due to smaller wins which after minusing commission and interest charges as I am suing the DMA - CFD system, my fund is still showing negative balance at the end of 1 mth trading. That is also the main reason why...I didn't want to increase my funding anytime soon. Really cannot to afford to lose money at the same time I hate the idea of ever losing money.

No comments:

Post a Comment